Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crockpot Coconut Curry

I'm behind, as usual, on my food posts. I'm not going to outline what we ate because I'm not sure I remember! But it has consisted of green smoothies and leftovers, as well as one new dish. I got this from a friend om my mom's group.

Crockpot Coconut Curry
2 cups chickpeas, cooked
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs curry powder
2 sweet potatoes, diced
1/2 Cauliflower, diced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can coconut milk
1 cup water
2 tsp. hot sauce, optional
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with the juice
1 cup peas, frozen

Put all ingredients except for the peas into the crockpot. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. About 1/2 an hour before serving, stir in frozen peas. Serve over cooked rice.


This was really good! I even fed it to Bear; his first curry!

3 comments:

ElephantKisses said...

I'm feeling slightly gassy lol.

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

Thank you for sharing :)

Linda said...

Sounds like a great crock pot dish. It's not one my family would like :( but it has a lot of interesting ingredients.