Friday, August 15, 2008

Simplify Your Life

I'm reading this great little book.

I originally thought I read about it over at The Simple Dollar, but after trying to find it, I rrealized I'm pretty sure I heard about it over at Zen Habits, a blog I occasionally read after The Simple Dollar reviewed the eBook, Zen to Done.



It's called "Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things that Really Matter" by Elaine St. James, and I finally figured out where I found it: at this Zen Habits blog post.

Some of my favorites points so far:
Stop Buying Clothes that Need to be Dry-cleaned (#9)
Reduce the Clutter in your Life (#1)
Keep the Plants Outdoors (#13) (we can't seem to keep houseplants alive anyway)
Drive a Simple Car (#20) Done!
Don't Answer the Phone Just Because It's Ringing (#30)

Isn't that last one hard? Especially in the age of cell phones. It seems as if people expect you to answer at all times just because it's a cell phone.

It's a good book. See if your library has it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually don't answer the phone that often. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I kind of like it that way. With class and practicum, my phone was on silent much of the time. The rest of the time I spent studying (or at church or with friends), so I took to leaving my phone on silent. I'm kind of a slave to checking it for messages, though.