Monday, January 19, 2009

Gluten-free Cinnamon Scones/Rolls

Here's a recipe for you on this fabulous Martin Luther King Jr. Day :)

I had been craving cinnamon rolls, so I made of variation of this recipe I had posted a few weeks ago. They're really more like scones. Enjoy!



Gluten-free Cinnamon Rolls
1 1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch flour
1/4 cup tapioca starch (just use the 1/3 cup measure and only fill it halfway)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 ½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
1/3 cup sugar (I used sucanat)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2/3 cup liquid (I used coconut milk)

Directions:
Blend all ingredients except for liquid & egg with pastry cutter until butter is well distributed and in tiny pieces (I used an electric mixer). Then add liquid & egg.

Stir really well until dough forms a ball. Use your 1/3 cup measure from earlier to drop dough by the cupful on a slightly greased cookie sheet (makes about 9 or 10). Bake at 400F for about 10-12 minutes.

Glaze
1 cup confectioner's sugar (I make my own corn-free blend)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon coconut oil

I cook this on super-low in a pan to melt the sugar. I let the rolls cool for a few minutes before I put the glaze on.

Yum!

No comments: