Sunday, April 19, 2009

Turkey Sausage Gravy & Biscuits

Yesterday, I made a variation on the theme of Ginger Lemon Girl's Gravy & Biscuits. I served it with fried eggs & gluten-free biscuits. This came out really well!

Turkey Sausage Gravy & Biscuits
1 lb. ground turkey (I used a 20 ounce package)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons garlic powder
*********
3 cups milk & water (I used hemp & coconut milk & some water)
2 tablespoons potato flour/starch
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (*optional)

In a heavy bottomed skillet, brown ground turkey with the salt, dried sage, ground black pepper, cayenne, ginger & garlic powder. Once browned, sprinkle flour over browned ground turkey. Stir to coat. Add liquid & nutritional yeast, stirring or whisking with ground turkey until thick and creamy; add more liquid if it's too thick. Let simmer for another 5 minutes.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

awesome brenna!!! Sounds terrific!! I'm definitely having some next week once I have completely the smoothie cleanse!! I know I will be DYING for comfort foods! ;-) Your version sounds terrific!! I'm so glad you tried it and it worked for you! I just love hemp milk!! have a fantastic week gal!

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious : )