Friday, November 13, 2009

Decadent Birthing Brownies

These brownies are by far the best gluten-free brownies I've ever had. They are called "Decadent Birthing Brownies". Of course, the original recipe has wheat flour & butter, but I made them GFDFSF so as to share them with my son. It is said they will cause a woman to go into labor, but supposedly they don't work their magic until after your due date (which for me is not for 7 days).

Decadent Birthing Brownies
3/4 cup coconut oil/margarine, melted (I used 1/2 cup coconut oil & 1/4 cup soy-free margarine)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
6 1-ounce squares of baker's chocolate, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup baking mix or flour
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Cream sugar and oil/margarine together. Add eggs and mix well. Mix in melted chocolate and vanilla. Mix in flour, and then nuts.

Spread batter in an 8X8 inch pan. Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes.

Yum. Wow.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Those sound delicious. I pray that all goes well with your delivery.

I use rum for the extract. I started making it years ago because I was allergic to corn when I was first diagnosed with celiac. Any distilled alcohol is gf, but vodka is a good choice for extract.