Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Irish Soda Bread
makes 1 loaf
1 1/2 cups gluten-free baking mix
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour or more baking mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup gluten-free oats (I used quick oats)
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup non-dairy milk of choice (I used coconut)
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Put the milk and vinegar in a cup. Let it sit.
3. Mix baking mix, garbanzo bean flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and oats in a bowl.
4. Add egg, vinegar, non-dairy milk, honey and raisins. Mix it up.
5. The original recipe calls for kneading. I sort of whacked it with my rubber spatula.
6. Drop the blob of dough onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Score a large X in the top, if you can. The dough sort of sticks to the knife.
7. Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
This was good. Very good.