Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week 5 of Allandale CSA

It's week 5 of my farmshare from Allandale Farm, and I am loving it! Read about week 1 here.

Week 2: sugar snap peas, fennel, lettuce, kale, swiss chard, scallions, and spring garlic
Week 3: garlic scapes, green garlic, cilantro, dill, mesclun mix, scallions, lettuce, kale, sugar snap peas, broccoli, and collard greens
Week 4: cauliflower, cabbage, carrots, beets, sugar snap peas, hakurei turnips, lettuce and garlic scapes

And here is week 5:

This week feels so abundant! It overflowed out of my extra large grocery bag. If you start with the kale in the upper left corner, here's what I got:
Purple kale, cabbage, cauliflower, romanesco, lettuce, spring onions, carrots, basil, beets, sugar snap peas, and fennel!

Last week, I used the bounty to make a new collard chips recipe and a white bean dip with dill & garlic scapes. Yum! More recipes to come soon :)

No comments: