Saturday, June 14, 2008

In Defense of Food

I'm reading "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan.



It's quite interesting, and he's really bringing me back! Remember Snackwell's?



I don't know if anyone of you bought into the whole "fat-free is better" belief system, but I sure did! Remember when you could get fat-free everything? I remember that even Taco Bell had fat-free & low-fat cheese for awhile. Anyway, you should pick up a copy of the book from the library if you can (I had to wait a couple of months for it; it's quite popular!). It goes into all the theories behind "nutritionism" and why so much of what we believe about food today in America isn't really based on fact, but rather bad science and politics.

Speaking of food, Trader Joe's has this roasted plaintain chips that are amazing! I don't know if they're new or I just never noticed them, but they are good!

No comments: