Tuesday, June 10, 2008

More Weather Talk

Bear is 10 months old today! My, how time flies :)

Yes, at some point, I'll stop talking about the weather, but it's hard not to think about it right now! It's frighteningly close to 100 degrees out. I did walk up to the post office & grocery store, which is a little over 2 miles round trip. It wiped me out! I'm probably not eating & drinking enough. I was able to put Bear down for a nap (his preferred napping spot is my lap), so I ran downstairs & made a green smoothie.

Today's Recipe
1/2 a large orange
1/2 a grapefruit
1/2 an apple (saving the other halves for tomorrow)
2/3 of a banana (Bear ate the other third for lunch)
10 cherries
1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
2/3 of a frozen peach
1 1/2 packets of stevia
2 spoons hemp protein powder
1 spoon rice protein powder
5-6 ice cubes
Handfuls of spinach, kale, broccoli, red & swiss chard, & collard greens
Water as needed

This made a lot of smoothie. I'm drinking 32 oz, and I gave our roommate probably 8-10 oz.

For those of you interested in green smoothie making, here's a video. No, I do not have the $400 blender, though I'd like one :) I have a regular old Target special; it just requires more patience. Notice that there is water in her blender, which she fails to mention in her demo. The first time I tried to make one, I was wondering why my smoothie wouldn't blend :) Enjoy!

No comments: