Thursday, August 28, 2008

Blogging Slacker!

My week has been so busy that I've been a blogging slacker!

Notice that we're over 50% of the way to our fundraising goal!

I did my long run on Tuesday (5.5 miles). I have to admit; I ran slowly, but it still kicked my butt! And I did my long walk yesterday. So tomorrow or Saturday, hopefully, I'll do my short run. Then next week is Race Week!

I'm cutting caffeine out of my diet in an effort to be more healthy. I'm still drinking decaf Americanos (or Americani?), but I may cut those out as well. I've been fighting a lot of fatigue, so I'm trying to narrow down the reasons. It may simply come down to the fact that I haven't gotten a full night of sleep in over a year. I'm lucky if I get 6-7 hours of sleep, and that's never uninterrupted sleep. The joys of having a child!

I also have to say I love that the feeling of fall is in the air. Often when I run or walk, the weather is in the low 70's with a cool breeze. I just love it! Of course, that means winter is coming, which I don't love. I don't mind winter, but no one fully clears their sidewalks around here. That means no running, much less walking. I don't know how we're going to swing it! The local community center has a walking track, as well as treadmills, so I might join. Of course, the jogging stroller can't go on the treadmill & there's no running allowed on the walking track. I'll have to keep brainstorming....

No comments: