Monday, October 20, 2008

Recent Food Adventures

While Eva was here, we also shared some Hemp Omega Caesar Salad. It took me awhile to gather all the ingredients, but I'm glad I did! Roy even warmed up to it. Next time I make it, I'm going to tweak the recipe a little, and then I'll share my version with you.

I also made several crockpot creations from the Crockpot Lady's blog. I was eyeing a butternut squash at the organic farmer's market a week ago, but shared with the woman working the booth that I was hesitant to try it (I'm not a big fan of traditional squash). She said since I'd been a loyal customer all summer, she'd give me a small one for free to try! So I made this CrockPot Butternut Squash Soup early in the week. It was surprisingly good. I also made some more Crockpot Apple Butter on Friday, minus the sugar & vanilla. Then I made Autumn Sausage Casserole on Saturday. It was quite good, but I wanted there to be more of it. So next time, I will maybe double the recipe except for the sausage; the sausage to rice ratio was too high. I also added celery and celery leaves to make it more like a stuffing, which was a nice touch.

On a totally unrelated note, there is something being filmed this week about 2 blocks from my house, and I cannot figure out what it is. We're guessing that they are using the baseball field, based on where parking is prohibited, but I'm so curious to know! I know sometimes they film the baseball games over there because I've seen them on local TV, but I can't imagine they would need to block off all the streets just for that. Besides, isn't it a little late for baseball games? It's freezing outside! Filming starts tomorrow, so we'll have to go over there and see what's up.

No comments: