Sunday, November 16, 2008

Food, Food & More Food

Hello! I hope you enjoy yesterday's recipes :)

So, our Thanksgiving dinner was:
Turkey, Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes and Apples & Chocolate Crinkles, all recipes to be found here

Friday, I ate:
Breakfast: Eggs & Toast & Fruit & Veggies
Lunch: Green Smoothie & PB & Banana sandwich (Green Smoothie consisted of kale, spinach, powdered greens, half an orange, black seedless grapes, a couple strawberries, a couple ice cubes & half a banana)
Dinner: "Thanksgiving" leftovers, plus Hemp Caesar Salad with home-grown mung bean sprouts & Gluten-free Gravy (made with potato flour! It was awesome!)

Saturday, I ate:
Breakfast: Eggs & Toast & Fruit & Veggies
Lunch: Hemp Caesar Salad with home-grown mung bean sprouts & a little turkey
Dinner: More turkey & stuffing

Today, I ate:
Breakfast: Eggs & Toast & Fruit
Lunch: The last of the Hemp Caesar Salad and some Turkey Barley Soup
Dinner: The remnants of Thanksgiving

Tomorrow, we move on to something that doesn't involve turkey :)

Here's how I made the barley soup (took the recipe off the back of Bob's Red Mill Pearl Barley).

Turkey Barley Soup

4 cups turkey stock
5 cups water
3/4 cup barley
2-3 bay leaves
3 chopped carrots
3 chopped celery stalks
1 chopped onion
2 handfuls of turkey bits
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cube celery leaves (I chopped up celery leaves from the farmer's market and froze them as ice cubes)

I might be forgetting something as the recipe is not in front of me.

Throw this in the crockpot & cook for 6-8 hours on low.

No comments: