Saturday, July 11, 2009

News

Some of you may have noticed that I've not been as active on this blog in the past - say - 4 months. There's a very good reason for that.

I'm about 5 months pregnant.



We're expecting our 2nd son (another boy! so excited!) around Thanksgiving.

Many people have asked why I waited so long to tell. I just told my Facebook followers less than 2 weeks ago! Well, I'm just weird like that :) At this point, if you saw me in person, I am clearly pregnant. But I'm still slowly telling people. I waited a long time to tell with Bear (I showed much later with him). I'm also sure that having a miscarriage in January added to my hesitation, as we found out we were expecting again less than 8 weeks later.

I've been feeling great - so good, in fact, I was sure I was having a girl! Women who have had lots of children often say they can tell by the characteristics of their pregnancy whether or not it's a boy or a girl. But since my diet is completely different than when I was gestating Bear (we're wheat-free, dairy-free now and a lot more raw foods!), I think that has contributed to my health. I had to give up green smoothies for the most past for the first 16 weeks or so because they made me sick. Very strange since I had no other aversions except for coffee (which happened with Bear as well). I still have to be very careful when I drink them because they make my blood sugar crash, which makes me nauseous.

So that's the big news :) I'll still be posting recipes and updates, and there are already plenty of recipes to surf on this blog. And I'll be sharing with you my birth plans (VBAC!), as well as processing my last birth and what we'll be doing differently this time.

Now - off to the farmer's market!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aweeeee so excited!!!! Congrats!!!!

heather said...

Yay, how sweet for you! Thanks for the link to the pebble post. I lost our fourth on Wednesday and am navigating those murky waters myself. Sigh.

But yay for you!!!!!

Linda said...

Congratulations! I'm partial to boys since I have three. Thanks for sharing it with your blogging friends.

Dovenoir said...

are you part of any active pregnancy communities?

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

Yes, L, I am part of Gentle Christian Mothers: http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community