Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homemade Chocolate Popsicles: Sugar-free, Raw & Easy!

Bear loves these popsicles (scroll down to the end). They are very good. And very expensive.

We recently bought those plastic popsicle molds, in hopes of creating something a little less expensive. I came up with a perfect solution. I generally have a plethora of ripe bananas in my house, so this recipe (a variation on "Awesome Ice Cream") just made sense!

This is not the best picture, but Bear was losing his patience as I held his popsicle out of reach :)



Chocolate Popsicles
3-3 1/2 bananas
1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk, raw nut milk will work as well - I was out)
1 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder

Blend this in your blender. It should be about 16 ounces at the end. I poured this into 8 popsicle molds, and put the sticks in. Freeze overnight.

This is 1 point in the Weight Watchers system, even with cow's milk, as long as you don't use heavy cream or canned coconut milk :)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Ha! I can just picture the look on his face as you hold that out of reach for a picture. Don't worry, it turned out good enough. It sounds like such an easy and tasty recipe.

Anonymous said...

oh yum! i need to try this...