Sunday, October 3, 2010

Acorn Squash Potato Pancakes


I had some leftovers boiled potatoes from the CSA (I think they were russet), half a roasted acorn squash (roasting instructions here) and only a small appetite for dinner. So I decided these sounded good :)

Acorn Squash Potato Pancakes
1/2 a roasted acorn squash
about 1 cup boiled potatoes
2 eggs
Salt, pepper and onion flakes to taste
Olive oil for frying

Mix squash and potatoes, mashed them well, then mix in eggs and spices. Fry on a flat skillet in a little bit of olive oil, cooking both sides. Serve plain or with honey (above picture), maple syrup or ketchup (below!). Yum :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I never would have thought to put ketchup on pancakes, but I bet it's good with the potatoes in these. Great way to use up your ingredients!