Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal

I had a strange craving last week after skipping lunch and waking from a brief nap with my boys.



Yes, it was as good as it looks. Here's what I did for 2 servings.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup water (or milk if you want)
2 T sugar (sucanat, in my case - brown sugar would be great!).
1 cup old fashioned oats (make sure they are GF if you're GF)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Possible add ins: chocolate chips, peanut butter, flax seed meal, coconut oil, rice protein, hemp protein, etc.

Boil water & pumpkin and then add 1 cup old-fashioned oats, cinnamon and sugar. It said to cook 5 minutes, but it was ready before that. I stirred in some coconut oil, flax meal and rice protein just because. I also added a little cold rice milk in order to cool it off for Bear. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle some chocolate chips on there with a glob of PB.

No comments: