Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Banana Bread: Dairy-free, Grain-free

And Weight Watchers-friendly :)

I joined Weight Watchers again as I have a little bit of weight to lose and I wanted to try their new program. More on that in another post :)

Meanwhile, I'm still eating a low-grain diet and am working on making some of my favorites Weight Watchers-friendly. This is a variation on a Spunky Coconut recipe.

Banana Bread: Dairy-free, Grain-free

Add to blender:
2 bananas
4 eggs
1/8 tsp Vanilla Creme liquid stevia
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp grain-free baking powder

Blend.

Melt in a pan:
1/4 cup honey (I use solid raw honey - if your honey is liquid, no need to melt)
2 tbs coconut oil

Add melted stuff to:
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted

This makes sure the melted stuff doesn't cook your eggs.

Dump flours & melted stuff into your blender. Blend again.

Dump into a loaf pan or round cake pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes for round pan & 55 for loaf pan.

Cut into 12 pieces. 3 points each.



Not the best picture, but hey :) You get the idea :)

No comments: