Monday, April 2, 2012

Pumpkin Custard, Grain & Dairy Free

I found a pumpkin hiding in my office that was still looking good, so I roasted it. This recipe used the whole pumpkin. You can also use canned pumpkin.


This is a highly modified version of a recipe a friend gave me.

Pumpkin Custard
3 cups pumpkin, no peel or seeds
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
1/2 cup coconut milk beverage, unsweetened
4 eggs
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup maple syrup
8 drops liquid vanilla stevia
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Pinch sea salt
1 teaspoon coconut oil

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients except the oil in the blender. If you're using canned pumpkin, an electric mixer will do.

The recipe says to use a 9X13 pan. I used 2 casserole dishes. Greased the dish with the coconut oil and dump the mixture in. Bake for an hour.


I cut this into 10 pieces. Yum. This is 2 points+ per piece without additions.


I added some shredded coconut and sunflower seeds to mine and had it alongside some scrambled egg whites with veggies. It's be great with fruit as well.

No comments: