Monday, May 21, 2012

Naturally Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Sorry for my silence these days. I'm still running, still cooking, still fermenting, and still eating :) I'll share a quick recipe with you.

These peanut butter chocolate chip muffins are dairy free, gluten free, and have the potential to be grain free.



Naturally Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar (raw apple cider is my preference)
1/4 cup sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or cane sugar work)
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I prefer Valencia peanut butter with sea salt)
1/4 cup Jarrow brown rice protein powder (optional)
1/4 cup or more water
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Beat the eggs with the baking soda, vinegar, and sugar. Add the peanut butter and beat. Slowly add water. Then beat in protein powder, if you choose to use it. Fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.

Divide into 12 muffin tins.

These muffins have 10 grams of protein each if you use the protein powder. My kids love them. They each ate 3! I knew I should have made a double batch.

No comments: