Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Refreshed!

(Blogspot somehow posted an empty post, so you may see this post before it's complete. I have to keep going back and editing the original, empty post!)

I feel especially refreshed today. I'm not sure why. This is day 7 without decaffeinated or caffeinated beverages; I'm only drinking beverages that are naturally caffeine free. This seems to help with the headaches. I got a lot of cleaning done around the house in anticipation of having visitors tonight. It ends up one of them is sick, so they won't be coming. Since we already booked a babysitter, Roy & I are going out for tea or something similar. And one floor of the house looks great! I even vacuumed the stairwells (which are carpeted in dark blue and are a magnet for our buff & tan cocker spaniel's hair!). The other floor? Well, it still needs a lot of work, but we're getting there.

It's amazing how quickly fall has arrived. The air is crisp, and the leaves are starting to fall from the trees already.

Yesterday, I babysat for a friend who has 2 girls, ages 4.5 months and just over 3 years. Bear was there as well. We lasted the entire 75 minutes! That is a serious feat, seeing as the youngest one likes to be held all the time. Before the babysitting event, I had a buying club pickup. I bought a big vat of Nutiva Coconut Oil, among other fun & healthy things. Coconut oil generally gets a bad rap, but it's actually quite good for you:

Coconut oil is 64% medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), which burn as energy quickly rather storing in the body as fat (especially belly fat) like the long-chains. MCFAs are quite rare in foods and have massive positive implications for your health, although the processed vegetable oil industry tried to malign the tropical oils years ago and many consumers have no idea what great nutrition they are missing out on. Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-parasite, and anti-fungal.


You can read more over at Green Smoothie Girl's Coconut Oil page; that above quote is from her. The most awesome thing is that it's finally cool enough that my coconut oil remains solid at room temperature (it's liquid above 76 degrees). So I spread it on my toast (and on Bear's toast, too) this morning as if it were butter!

Life is truly good.

No comments: