Thursday, October 23, 2008

Feeling Off & Rejuvenating

I've been feeling a little "off" lately. I have not been sleeping well because Bear has not been sleeping well. When I don't sleep well, I'm unmotivated and don't make the best food choices. The fatigue also makes me not want to exercise, as does the fact that the jogging stroller broke. Since Bear has been waking up obscenely early, I can't run in the mornings. I ran earlier this week when I had a sitter. I only ran 40 minutes and it kicked my butt.

So today, I've tried to make a conscious effort to make better choices. It's amazing what a difference these small choices have made. I ate a 50% raw breakfast rather than my usual 100% cooked breakfast, I had a green smoothie with my lunch, I limited my refined sugar intake, and added a large salad with Hemp Omega Caesar dressing to my dinner. I changed it a little and it was quite good (more on that later).

So even though I'm not getting enough sleep, I can still make an effort to take extra good care of myself.

So, the dressing! I had an issue because I realized halfway into making it I had no lemons! So I had put the oil, seeds, salt, dulse and mustard seeds in the blender and already blended them, and then they sat there for over half an hour. I think this was a good thing because the dressing came out really, really thick and creamy. I recommend trying it!

Hemp Omega Caesar Dressing
4-6 ounces cup water
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil, flax oil, or hemp oil
1/2 cup Manitoba Harvest hemp seeds
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt
3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon raw agave nectar (skip for Whole30)
1 1/2 tablespoon dulse
zest of 1/2 lemon

Yum! This is enough dressing for 2 very large salads :)

No comments: