Monday, August 27, 2012

Marathon Training, Week 11

I am a week behind!

On Tuesday night, I put on my new running shoes (pair #2), and my toes still hurt. So I called the running store, and they said, "Sounds like your shoes are too small."

Yep!

On Wednesday, I went back for pair #3.



I ran a few short runs and decided to go long on Sunday to see how the shoes held up.

I headed out on a route I'd done once before. I decided to try to keep a good tempo, under 10:15 minutes/mile.

Around mile 9 or 10, I saw some wild turkeys.




I ended up running 17.39 miles at an average pace of 10:07 and decided I really liked the shoes :)

Monday: Rest (Rest)
Tuesday: 5.2 km: 400m warm-up, and then 3x1600, first at threshold, second at tempo, third half tempo, half speed. Serious business! (Morning yoga/stretching and evening track workout)
Wednesday: 50 minutes elliptical (Longer Run)
Thursday: Rest (Rest)
Friday: 3.5 mile run, 20 minutes swimming (Cross-training)
Saturday: 4.3 miles (Shorter run)
Sunday: 17.39 miles (Long run)

I ran 28.42 miles this week, swam for 20 minutes, and did 50 minutes on the elliptical.

No comments: